Freight Related Goals
USDOT NFP Goal 1: To invest in infrastructure improvements and to implement operational improvements that strengthen the contribution of the national freight network to the economic competitiveness of the United States; reduce congestion; and increase productivity, particularly for domestic industries and businesses that create high-value jobs.
- OKI Freight Transportation Goal: To promote economic development by providing freight connections for new and expanded businesses or lowering shipping costs for businesses in the region in order to stabilize and advance regional .
USDOT NFP Goal 2: To improve the, , and resilience of freight transportation.
- OKI Freight Transportation Goal: To improve (such as those that address high crash rates), projects that reduce hazards (such as a railroad grade separation), and projects that address freight system , including hazardous material spills, and natural or human disasters.
- USDOT NFP Goal 3: To improve the state of good repair of the national freight network.
- OKI Freight Transportation Goal: To improve or preserve the condition of existing freight infrastructure, including deficient railroad track, deficient bridges, or highway pavement heavily distressed by truck traffic.
USDOT NFP Goal 4: To use advanced technology to improve theand efficiency of the national freight network.
OKI Prioritization Process: Although not stated as a specific OKI goal, both this Plan Update and the OKI Regional Freight Plan have considered and incorporated advanced technology to improveand efficiency for all users of the region’s transportation network.
USDOT NFP Goal 5: To incorporate concepts of performance, innovation, competition, and accountability into the operation and maintenance of the national freight network.
- OKI Prioritization Process: Although not stated as a specific OKI goal, for over a decade, OKI has continued to refine and improve upon its Project Prioritization Process
USDOT NFP Goal 6: To improve the economic efficiency of the national freight network.
- OKI Freight Transportation Goal: To improve freight mobility by reducing congestion or developing better connections between modes of transportation in the region in order to enhance freight mobility and intermodal connectivity.
USDOT NFP Goal 7: To reduce the environmental impacts of freight movement on the national freight network.
- OKI Freight Transportation Goal: To improve air quality or reduce energy consumption and consider existing and future land use in order to minimize negative impacts upon the environment and public health.